If men reek of practicality, women ooze mystery! So when it comes to selecting a gift for men is generally easier than buying one for a woman. Women are loved, respected, cherished and even worshipped in certain parts of the world because they, and only they, have the natural ability to keep the human race alive. Sending chocolates by postis a great idea but try something different the next time you need to select a gift for her! Here are a few ideas in the jewellery category for you!
- Bracelets – These can be found in precious, semi-precious and artificial metals in a variety of designs. Some of them can be just metallic whereas some of them include gem stones, hand painting, glitter and intricate carving. Bracelets can be worn at home, at work and for social functions, depending on the kind of bracelet you buy, and make for perfect gifts for women of all age.
- Rings – Finger rings are favourite pieces of jewellery for even those women who don’t generally like wearing any jewels around their neck or in their ears. Even the most practical professional would appreciate a simple band of beautifully crafted metal, or a thin ring with a mounted gem, or a ring that is studded with stones. These are small pieces of jewellery when compared to rest of the family but they are very popular amongst women. Some women never take off their rings, no matter where they are!
- Necklaces – The more elaborate ones make for perfect gifts for important occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries because they are gifts that, when used, are highly visible to everybody. Necklaces can be short or long, in precious metals or in non-previous ones, they can be a simple strand of metals and stones or thinks ones with carvings, tiers and large stones. Necklaces with pendants can be made more personal with inscriptions or photographs included in the pendants.
- Jewellery boxes – What if she already has lots of jewellery but doesn’t have something great to store them in?! There are specially crafted jewellery boxes that can be sent as gifts. They are also known as “keepsake” boxes as many women tend to store other important and cherished items along with their jewels such as letters and old flowers. Boxes made of wood, ceramic, metal and certain types of stones are great choices for gifts!
- Watches – Forget the practical ones with a leather strap and a metallic dial. You now have watched with braided strips of leather, of metallic straps with linked pieces or studded with stones and watches with dials that have small stoned that represent the hours.
Diane Mariechild had once quoted “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” So don’t you think that the next time you need to gift a special lady in your life – if could be your mother, aunt, sister, spouse, partner, friend or colleague, you should spend a little more time to think of an appropriate gift so it becomes special for the special creations of God?