Tasting a chocolate dessert is like sampling a bit of heaven. Chocolate flavour is the ultimate in taste and chocolate desserts, even better.
Here are two much loved recipes of chocolate desserts:
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Dark chocolate : 500 gm
- Golden syrup: 2 tablespoon
- Unsalted butter: 125 gm
- Caster sugar: 1tbsp
- Sifted plain flour:1 tbsp
- Chocolate sorbet : To serve
- Melted chocolate: to decorate
For coffee Mascarpone:
- Mascarpone cheese: 200 gm
- Instant coffee:2 tbsp
- Pure icing sugar:2 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees. Grease as well as line the base of a cake pan 20 cm round with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt golden syrup, butter and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan containing lightly simmering water. Keep aside to cool a bit.
- Place sugar and eggs in an electric mixer or use an electric beater to beat on high for 10 minutes until pale and thick. Slowly fold in the flour and the chocolate mixture till blended. Pour into cake pan and bake in the middle shelf of oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a knife to dislodge the edge of the cake. Transfer cake to fridge and cool for one hour.
- To make the coffee mascarpone, dissolve coffee in one tbsp of boiling water and keep aside for cooling. Beat in a bowl, coffee, sugar and mascarpone cheese till stiff.
- Slice the cake and serve with a spoon of coffee mascarpone and Sorbet.
Next is the recipe for another chocolate dessert:
Chocolate And Raspberry Baked Ricotta Cake
- ricotta cheese- ¾ cup
- Self raising flour: 2 cups
- Cocoa powder- ¼ cup
- Melted butter- 100 gm
- Caster sugar- 1 cup
- Hot water-1 cup
- Raspberries (frozen)-1 cup
Caster sugar: ¼ cup
Raspberries (frozen): 1 cup
- The oven must be pre-heated to 160 degree. Line sides and base as well as grease a 22cm round pan using baking paper.
- Sift cocoa and flour to a bowl. Mix in Ricotta, water, butter and sugar. Combine well and slowly add raspberries. Empty mix inside a pan. Now, bake for 1.20 hours till a tooth pick inserted comes clean. Keep aside for 5 minutes. Keep on wire rack to cool.
- Create raspberry sauce: Combine 2 tbsp cold water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook by stirring continuously for a few minutes till syrup becomes slightly thick. Add the raspberries. Take away from heat. Keep aside for quarter of an hour.
- Cut wedges of cakes. Keep on plate and spoon raspberry sauce over it. Serve fresh.
Chocolate desserts make for a sinful, delicious end of a meal. There are different types of chocolate like truffles, dark chocolate, bitter sweet chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate. Also, there are different types according to origin like Belgian and German. Chocolate make for great gifts for a loved one, who wants to make a chocolate dessert. One can send chocolates by post. It will be much appreciated by recipients.