One of the most loved drink in winters, hot chocolate! It is my favorite drink too. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate in snowy winter evening is a great joy for me. There are many ways to make hot chocolate. I have tried a lot of recipes in the craze of finding the one that is the most delicious and easy to make.
Here I am sharing the best ever recipe for hot chocolate. Mainly this recipe rest on the kind of chocolate used. Sometimes it is difficult to find the particular kind of chocolate, so you can order chocolates by post.
Hot chocolate with Milk:
What you need:
- Milk 225 ml
- 40 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa (chopped or grated)
- Milk chocolate 15 g
- 40ml cream
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Boil 100 ml of milk and then place chocolates in it. Switched off the flame and keep on stirring until it dissolve. Then whisk in the remaining milk and the cream.
- Now add all the other ingredients. Heat the mixture, but don’t let it boil. Keep on whisking to make a lot of foam.
Tip: whisk the hot chocolate vigorously before serving to make a lot of foam.
Hot chocolate without milk:
I also tried a dairy free recipe for making hot chocolate. They are more intense in taste and strong enough to give you an energy boost. I used to enjoy it as an energy drink after a tiring day or a wake me up drink in the morning.
The dairy free hot chocolate would be a great drink for those who are allergic to dairy products. Drinking a coffee and tea without milk might be difficult because of its bitter taste. But milk free hot chocolate is a full-time indulgence indeed. Although delicious hot chocolates are available in hotels and cafes but one can’t afford to buy an expensive hot chocolate daily from these shops. Try out this amazing recipe and believe me, youdon’t have to go somewhere to drink a seductive hot chocolate,You can make cheap and delicious hot chocolate at home
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- One tablespoon of sugar
- One tablespoon of honey
- A drop of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup soya milk
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Heat the soy milk on low flame and add water in it.
- Put the dark chocolate and keep on stirring until it melts. Add cocoa and keep on mixing so that a smooth paste form.
- Add sugar, honey and vanilla essence drop. Whisk the hot chocolate to make it thicker as the air will pass through it. Don’t let the mixture boil. Boiling will change the taste of chocolate.
- Heat the mug in the microwave for 30 seconds and then pour the hot chocolate in it. It will keep the drink warm for a little longer.
Use chocolate shavings to garnish the drink.