Chocolate is a delicacy cherished by all age groups, right from the infants to the elderly people. It can also be a great asset from the gifting point of view. In the present scenario, sending chocolates through various mediums (online / physical) along with a special note has become the most common way of expressing your love / feelings. There can no better way of thanking someone for their assistance than with chocolate.
What more can you ask for, when you have such a variety of options:
- Unsweetened Chocolate: This holds the purest form of cocoa which furnished strong chocolate flavour and is mixed with a variant of fat to deliver the final product. This form, when combined with sugar, can be used in the preparation of cookies / various confectionery items.
- Swiss Dark Chocolate: This is a completely non-milky chocolate. Pure cocoa, when mixed with fat and sugar, can give you this version.
- Semi-sweet Chocolate comprises of dark chocolate but with half measure for sugar and cocoa.
- Bitter-sweet chocolate also known as chocolate liquor provides, in addition, some sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla, etc. It holds less quantity of sugar and more of the liquor. This variety keeps getting bitter with increasing amount of cocoa.
- Milk Chocolate holds a fairly good amount of milk, just as the name goes, in the form of powder, liquid and condensed units.
- White Chocolate possess nil amount of cocoa solids and is purely based on sugar, milk, and cocoa butter.
- Cocoa Powder stands as the most common ingredient for baking purposes and milkshakes.
- When cocoa gets mixed with hydrogenated fats, it delivers a product called “Compound Chocolate”
- Raw Chocolate is a completely unprocessed and unadulterated version
Usage of Chocolate:
We mostly love chocolates for direct consumption, but in addition to that, there are numerous other uses for it as well:
- Dark chocolate serves as a great and tasty ingredient for cooking and baking tasks.
- It is also utilized in various spa treatments owing to its anti-oxidant feature.
- Cocoa butter, popularly known as “Couverture” has become a most preferred choice for pastry chefs / food stores.
Health Benefits of Chocolates:
Most natural and excellent skin detoxifies can be a dark chocolate unit when combined with caffeine. Dark chocolate packs can provide a variety of natural remedies like wrinkle removal, lip balms, skin treatment, anti-aging solution, hair shampoo, acne treatment, etc. It can render a much-enhanced glowing effect on your skin. In addition to this, we can also enlist other aspects like:
- Research studies have established a direct link between chocolate consumption and lowered blood pressure
- Presence of flavoring can eliminate the risk of heart strokes to a greater extent by preventing the cardiovascular disorders
- Healthy hair growth can also be attributed to chocolate as it can increase the blood circulation by multiple times and leave you with soft, smooth and glossy tresses
- Chocolate can be seen as a great stress buster as it assists in the production of endorphins that can lift up your mood and relax your body.
So grab your bite and dive deep down into the world of chocolaty flavour and aroma.